Awakening Yoga Retreat Nov 23rd – 30th, 2019
Join me for a transformational week of yoga, connection, balance and rejuvenation in one of India’s best kept secrets.
Private accommodation in a peaceful Village just 30 minutes outside Kochi, Kerala. Kerala translates to “God’s Own Country” and with the lush surroundings and vegetation – it’s easy to see why this is one of the jewels of Southern India.
This is the retreat for you if you are looking to connect with other like-minded souls on a journey of self-discovery. Whether you are a complete beginner with a curiosity for yoga or have been practising for years, you will be guided and supported by our Instructor who will tailor the classes exclusively for our small group. There will be plenty of opportunities for rest and down-time to complement the yoga and activities planned. During this retreat you will be encouraged to take time for yourself, whilst enjoying the nurturing environment, delicious healthy food and daily yoga practise. Your travel bug will also get a fix as I take you on a variety of different sightseeing and cultural outings around Kerala.
- Airport pickup and drop-off from Kochi airport
- 7 nights accommodation in a modern, clean home-style accommodation, exclusively reserved for our group.
- Twice daily rooftop yoga sessions. These will be taught by Solaman with over 20 years yoga teaching experience. It is predominantly Hatha style yoga which will be personally tailored to the group with options for all levels from beginner to advanced.
- 3 organic, fresh, delicious meals cooked by Priya daily, using ingredients and spices grown on the property or from the local region. Her cooking is phenomenal and you are in for quite a treat!
- Walks and excursions to historic Temples, rivers & jungles (all transport and entry fees included). Over the course of the week we will explore and enjoy the Periyar River, Malayattoor, St Thomas Church, Palace Museum & Temple, and a sunrise walk to the nearby Pettamala Quarry.
- A day trip to the beautiful and historic Capital city of Fort Cochin (transport included). Here you will have the opportunity to explore the old Chinese fishing nets, Mattancherry Palace, stroll through Jew Town, observe the local street art or perhaps catch a traditional Keralan dance performance (Kathakali).
- A half day boat trip on the famous Keralan backwaters (transport, boat hire, food and drinks all included)
- An optional Ayurvedic Massage (at an additional cost)
- Activities, exercises and meditations where I will help you connect to your own gifts and abilities as well as discovering a renewed sense of balance and peace.
- A supportive environment with other like-minded & open-hearted souls
- Indian tourist Visa (can be obtained online and I will assist you with this)
- Lunch in Fort Cochin day trip
Sample Daily Itinerary
9am Breakfast at the house
10am-1pm Trip to Periyar River and National Park
1pm Lunch at the house
2pm-4pm Group activities, massages or free time
5pm Yoga (more gentle and restorative)
7pm Dinner at the house
8pm Evening meditation
£775 twin share ($1,405 AUD)
£1,250 single occupancy ($2,265 AUD)
£100 deposit to secure your place and balance due 60 days before retreat
As this is a small, private accommodation facility there are only a maximum of 6 beds/places available.
Please read the Standard Terms & Conditions here before paying your deposit 🙂
UK paypal link: paypal.me/ambercoachingUK
AUS paypal link: paypal.me/amberfarringtoncoach
In 2015 I first felt the calling to visit India. I was pretty scared going for 2 months as a solo female traveller (mostly by the warnings from others – many of whom had never actually been!). I quickly realised I didn’t have to be so scared, and as so often happens when you follow your heart, I discovered some really special places – and none more so than here. I told Solaman that one day I would come back and bring a group with me to share the magic with them… I am so excited to be realising this dream and taking you with me. If you have always felt a curiosity to experience India but perhaps not known where to begin (or don’t fancy going solo) then there is no better place to start than being nurtured on this retreat with the comfort of everything taken care of and in the company of like-minded people.